[mythtv-users] master/slave backend config trouble

Wavefnct wavefnct at ix.netcom.com
Fri Nov 12 01:19:35 UTC 2004

-I've got two systems, both running 0.16.  Alone, each works perfectly
as a master backend + frontend.  I've been trying to turn one into
a slave backend.  I've altered the mysql.txt of slave to point at
master, and have set the IPs in the setup of both master and slave.  They
connect fine and the slave uses the master sql db.  The problem I can't
seem to fix is the capture card config.  Both only see the card on
the master, so if I watch Live TV on master, and try to do the same on
slave, I get the all input(s) are recording message.   Also, if I leave
the master frontend idle, and watch live on the slave, the video will
stream, but I'll get an error about the audio (/dev/dsp) already being
used (the /dev/dsp is the master audio, not the slave.)

-Any ideas?  I must have messed up the card config somewhere, I've tried
redoing it several times, several ways, I'm not getting anywhere.