[mythtv-users] Keeping new shows seperate from syndicate

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 18:16:18 UTC 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:41:31 -0600, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:
> Ryan Steffes wrote:
>

> >I'm looking for a way to keep new shows but overwrite reruns if it's possible.
> >
> >The way I have it set now is that CSI (for example) is recorded new on
> >Thursday nights, but it gets catagorized with the shows on Spike TV
> >that rerun several times a day.  I have the same issue with other
> >shows, such as Saturday Night Live.  What I'd like is to have the new
> >show flagged undeletable until I get a chance to watch it, not
> >overwritten when the other schedule policy fires to only keep 3
> >episodes of CSI.
> >

> Maybe you could set up two different schedules.  One that records (for
> example) CSI on your CBS station only weekly in that timeslot and
> another that records CSI on any channel at any time (for SpikeTV). You
> can set different retention policies on each program  and I believe that
> the weekly timesolt program will take precendence over the any time any
> channel program when scheduling occurs.
>
> Kevin

That's how I have, but what happens is I'll have the policy set to
say, 3.  When the Thursday night policy goes it records it anyway
because that policy is unlimited.  What can happen though is over the
next day or two, more than 3 reruns can get recorded, and it'll delete
the new show.  I have it set to keep new expire old, which is how I
want it, but I want it to REALLY keep first run shows, and cycle
through rerun shows.

Hmm that does make me think though, does the Keep new expire old
follow autoexpire rules?  Maybe I could set the new shows to not auto
expire and set the old ones to expire.  Not sure if that'll work
though.