[mythtv-users] MythTV, ivtv and Closed Caption - problems

Joaquín Lago Pérez jlago at ipsistemas.com
Thu Nov 11 17:20:30 UTC 2004

Hi,
I need to see subtitles in mythtv. I use the ivtv driver -last
development version available -, with an PVR-250 card, configured for
PAL. Can see video captured, played and audio, but not subtitles.
I can get data from /dev/vbi0, but not cc is displayed.
 From ivtv - more precise, from saa7115 - i get an error about NTSC
closed caption not availble with PAL (I don´t have the error text here,
it is something like that). I do not know who to force it PAL, if possible.
Any ideas, please?
Does mythtv currently support showing closed caption via ivtv driver?
(all i have read are old posts, and very confused about this).
Thank you very much.