[mythtv-users] Undefined symbol error when running CVS

Shawn core at enodev.com
Thu Nov 11 07:29:41 UTC 2004

Likely a library it's linking to has been compiled with a compiler not
ABI compatible with what myth was compiled with (2.96 v 3.X?), or some
psycho-babble sounding like that. (The "_ZNBlahHorkBeeble" bullshit is a
clue)

Try looking at all the libraries myth links to (ldd), and recompiling
those libraries with the same gcc (or g++ as it were).

Don't do glibc... maybe do libstdc++, qt.

If you don't like binary incompatibility but you're patient and an
obsessive problem solver, gentoo is for you. More because you can solve
those problems easier than avoid them, though... I find every time I
have to compile something c++ I thank the divine I'm running gentoo.