[mythtv-users] re: Urgent question about the pcHDTV 3000

Shawn core at enodev.com
Thu Nov 11 04:24:38 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 20:53 -0700, match at ece.utah.edu wrote:
> > God damn, this HDTV BS is like listening to D&D geek speak. I'll
> > obviously never be an A/V nerd.
>
> WHOA! Shawn!
>
> Don't get your panties in a knot, and don't let Preston Crow or anyone else here ruffle
> your feathers. We really are here to help you.

My panties are just fine. Seriously though, the content arseholes want
to muck everything up and I'm expressing my frustration with that. This
kind of consumer crap shouldn't be for ECE grad students and rocket
scientists only. I just hope HDMI covers enough ground to make it useful
to conect things together again, like it used to be.

I bet those arseholes email their mothers in EBCDIC!

> ... record it on the hard-drive. The hardware to do this does not exist. You can almost do it
> if the box has a firewire port, but it's barely High-Def.

So I've heard. Thank you Disney!
---insert ASCII art middle finger here---
...ah what the hell: http://www.textfiles.com/art/afinger.txt
...ah hell, maybe one more since it's for Disney & pals:
http://www.textfiles.com/art/monkey.vt

> OH YEAH, I don't remember where, but somewhere on the AVSforum is information or
> a link to information that lists every over-the-air HDTV station that you should be able to
> see from your house. That will answer the "I don't even know if there is any HD
> broadcasts in my area" question.

Very nice. I may purchase one yet...