[mythtv-users] PVR350 Enabling Sound through SCART Lead

Paul Wheeler paulrwheeler at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 00:23:09 UTC 2004

I am trying to play sound from recorded files through the scart lead.
I managed to get it working briefly a while back but then had to
reboot and havent been able to reproduce it. The recordings play great
on the tv through the scart lead except that they are muted. I know
the recordings have sound as play them fine on other frontends.

My setup:
PVR 350
Shuttle SN41G2 with Nvidia
PAL (England)
Gentoo 2.6.8 kernel
ivtv 0.2.0-rc1c

I have mad sure that i am loading the correct msp3400 and dont think
that this is an issue as have sound through other frontends.

ivtvctl -a
-----------
ioctl: IVTV_IOC_G_CODEC
Codec parameters
aspect      : 3
audio       : 0x00e9
bframes     : 3
bitrate_mode: 0
bitrate     : 2200000
bitrate_peak: 6000000
dnr_mode    : 0
dnr_spatial : 0
dnr_temporal: 0
dnr_type    : 0
framerate   : 1
framespergop: 12
gop_closure : 1
pulldown    : 0
stream_type : 0
ioctl: VIDIOC_G_FMT
        Type   : Video Capture
        Width  : 480
        Height : 480
ioctl: VIDIOC_QUERYCAP
        Driver name   : ivtv
        Card type     : Vanilla iTVC15 card
        Bus info      : 0
        Driver version: 512
        Capabilities  : 0x01070033
ioctl: VIDIOC_ENUMOUTPUT
        Output  : 1
        Name    : Composite
        Type    : 0x00000002
        Audioset: 0x00000001
        Standard: 0x00000000007F3FFF ( PAL NTSC SECAM )
ioctl: VIDIOC_G_OUTPUT
Output = 0
ioctl: VIDIOC_ENUMAUDIO
        Input   : 0
        Name    : Tuner Audio In

        Input   : 1
        Name    : Audio Line In
ioctl: VIDIOC_G_AUDIO
Input = 0: Tuner Audio In
ioctl: VIDIOC_QUERYCTRL
Brightness = 127
Contrast = 63
Saturation = 63
Hue = 0
Volume = 58950
Mute = 0

dmesg
---------msp34xx: ivtv version
msp34xx: init: chip=MSP3418W-A2, has NICAM support, simple (D) mode,
simpler (G) no-thread mode
msp34xx: $Id$ compiled on: Oct 28 2004 20:36:36
ivtv: i2c attach [client=MSP3418W-A2,ok]
ivtv: Setting audio matrix to input 3, output 1
spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7.
saa7115: decoder set norm PAL
saa7115: set audio: 0x01
saa7127: Setting Encoder Video Standard
saa7127: Set PAL Video Mode
saa7127: Selecting PAL video Standard
ivtv: Initialized WinTV PVR 350, card #0

Alsamixer
What settings should i have here? At the moment everything is unmuted
and has volume. I dont think this should be a problem as want sound
from the pvr 350.

Have tried to keep the ouput to a minimum if you need more info from
ivtvctl or dmesg ask (have only shown bits i think are relevent to the
output of sound)

I do not have any settings in my ivtv config for modules.conf

Any help would be much appreciated.
Paul