[mythtv-users] nvidia GF mx 4000 an XF86config, no idea how to get it work

Uwe Schmidt uwe.uwe at gmx.de
Wed Nov 10 10:35:45 UTC 2004

Hi,

after getting myth to work on my office machine, I bought another box for
installing it nearby the TV.

First I installed completely using the VGA-output w/ CRT, but now I want to
put it near to the TVset and use the TV-out of the mx4000 chipset.

My problem is, after reading -and trying- nearly every XF86config mentioned
in the lists archive, that it won't work for me.
I always see the boot-up commands (=the console tty1) on TV, but after
starting X the screen gets dark.
While trying the many configuration posibillities, the x-log always says
something would be wrong with either the monitor settings or that no usable
mode is found (or something similar).

So, yesterday evening, I got -the first time since working on myth-
disappointed about my own skills.....

So, ist there anybody who has a setup like this working and could provide me
a working XF86config ?

Details therefor:
GForce MX4000, S-Video + Composite outputs
Germany
PAL-G
TV-Out: COMPOSITE
any necessary details missing ?

TIA to vereyone for patience !

a tired

Uwe

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergünstigen Komplett-Preis!