[mythtv-users] queston to the wilsonet.com fc2 crontab

Jeff Thompson lists at threeputt.org
Wed Nov 10 08:09:27 UTC 2004

Hi, the first field in a crontab entry is the minute value. By
specifying an "*" for the minute, you're telling cron to run the program
every minute when the hour of day is "4"...

I recommend that you use a non-wildcard value for the minute and pick a
random minute value of something like "22", since I'm sure Tribune Media
services gets bombarded with automated requests at nice round values
like 4:00am, 4:30am, etc. Based on that advice, your crontab entry
should look like:

## run mythfilldatabase every night at 4:22 am
22 4 * * * mythfilldatabase > /var/log/mythtv/mythfilldatabase.log 2>&1

Hope that helps,

--
Jeff