[mythtv-users] Does mythfilldatabase apply updates to program guide info?

Phill Edwards phill_edwards at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 10 05:52:03 UTC 2004

When you run mythfilldatabase does it contain smarts to update existing
program information? In other words:

- if the details (whether title or start/end time) for a program have
changed does it find that program and update it?
- if a program has been cancelled and replaced by another program does it
handle that?
- if it finds a "hole" in the program guide (eg missing 02:00 - 05:00 guide
details for a particular day) but now has that info in the latest guide xml
file, does it fill the hole?

I have been assuming it does have these smarts - otherwise you'd only ever
retrieve the guide info for 1 day 7 days from now on a daily basis rather
than getting the next 7 days every day. However, when I run mythfilldatabase
(from the command line) I get hundreds of duplicate record errors so I'm
wondered if it only ever inserts new & deletes old data without trying to
update program info that's already there.

BTW - in case this is dependent on what tv grabber you're using, I'm using
tv_grab_au.

Regards,
Phill