[mythtv-users] Wireless networking. Is is fast enough to with a remote frontend?

Jack Trout witmore1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 04:30:02 UTC 2004

While that is true, it seems that front ends themselves stream the
datafile through the mysql server, so in that case it doesnt seem
mysql has very much error control abilities to continue the stream

I have attempted to use 802.11b to stream through mythtv my recorded
shows at any point does it encounter an error the playback immediately
stops

now I have had better success mounting my /video partition via smb
then using smb to play the .nuv files accross the network using the
dsmyth filters on my windoze box and I get alot more reliable
playback, but I dont have the show information so its pretty much
guess work to figure out what I am trying to watch so its a trade off,
I just tend to fish wires as that is alot of initial work, but far
more worth it for myth