[mythtv-users] New Australian XMLTV grabber

Andrew J ajpalm at optushome.com.au
Tue Nov 9 22:11:54 UTC 2004

I'm involved with the ozTiVo group and this topic has been done to death
over there.

Short story is you can't buy it if you plan to use this guidedata on a
PVR/DVR unit. End of story. This isn't a HWW choice, its part of there
agreement of getting and reselling the guidedata onto 3rd party sources
that the TV stations place onto them.

Remember Microsoft with all its money couldn't 'buy' guidedata for there
  just released Windows Media Center PC, so if there mega bucks can't
buy it there is little hope for normal people.

Any guide source that carries the HWW logo or HWW copyright info is
covered under the above as well. You can't legally 'scrape' there websites.

ABC/SBS follow the trends of the others by not releasing guidedata,
cause this will put pressure back onto the others to release theres.

Andrew