[mythtv-users] Red bt8x8 capture?

Jonathan Markevich mythtv at jonandtina.net
Tue Nov 9 19:27:52 UTC 2004

Russ Dill wrote:

>>Every few captures I do (1 in 5) doesn't work - the picture is EXTREMELY
>>dark with only red making up the picture.  If this happens when
>>switching to live TV, I just exit and re-enter, it seems to wake up.  If
>>this is on timer, though, it can be a problem.  I've missed a few shows
>>because of it.  Has anyone else come across that, and found a
>>solution/cause?
>>

>I have this problem as well, although more rarely. I get error
>messages about bttv0 in my kernel logs (don't have them handy). I'm
>not too concerned about it though, since I'm getting a part of wintv
>401's in to replace it.

Exactly, I see messages like that too.  Isn't the 401 just another bttv
or V4L card?  Wouldn't it make the same problem?  Another question is;
has anyone with a PVR-250 noticed this?

>>I have noticed my RAM is barely eking by.  I have 256 MB and I get lots
>>of vm messages telling me certain processes have been killed.  I've been
>>trying to nuvexport on that box too, and because it takes many hours to
>>export, I'm definitely going to be exporting and recording at the same
>>time.  Could that have something to do with it?
>>

>Dunno, probably not though. You should make some swap on that box.

Oh yeah, I do have 256MB swap, I shoulda mentioned that.  By default it
never got set up, and you should have seen the crashes then!