[mythtv-users] Problems with ivtvdev_drv

Eggert Thorlacius eggi at menandmice.com
Tue Nov 9 12:54:56 UTC 2004

On 9.11.2004, at 10:59, Prash wrote:

> As it says you don't have a X driver with Xv support. Remove the -vo
> xv from the command . Are you using the patched mplayer from atrpms?

Yes, I'm using the mplayer that I got from "apt-get install
mythtv-suite".  If I remove the -vo xv from the command, mplayer plays
really jerkily and says that my computer is too slow to play video.
Anyway, MythTV uses "mplayer -vo xv" when playing movies from my movie
library, so I need to fix this in order to get MythTV to work, right?

> Try using the ivtvdev driver that came with the source.

OK, I'll try that when I get home.  But if I get the latest version of
the driver from CVS, will it work with the rest of the components which
I downloaded from atrpms?  Also, is this a known problem with the
driver?  From what I see on this list, most people can just follow
Jarods guide and the driver works.  There must be something wrong with
my setup, but I can't imagine what.

> What is your videocard make?

It is a Hauppauge PVR 350 (PAL version)

Thanks for the advice