[mythtv-users] How to stop commercial flagging?

Mon Nov 8 17:05:24 UTC 2004

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Asciimonster wrote:

> John Patrick Poet wrote:
>
> > Once commercial flagging has started on an episode, it no longer seems
> > possible to stop it.  Am I missing something, or is this broken?
>
> First, aswer me this: Why would you want to stop commercial flagging?
>
> What have you tried to switch the detection off?
> You should be able to switch the automatic flagging off in the Setup->TV
> settings->Playback->Commercial detection menu. To manually start the
> detection, press "i" when the recording is selected.
>
> I have one way of stopping commercial detection from the "duh!"
> department: Deleting the recording.

The show was off PBS -- in other words it did not have any commercials ;-)

I normally have my PBS station set up as "Commercial Free", but was
re-configuring and lost that setting.

Once the Commercial Detection Job was started, it would not stop.  Bringing
up the "INFO" on the show offers a "Stop Commercial detection", but choosing
that option has no effect.

I also trying going into the Job Queue, and stopping it there, but that also
had no effect.

John