[mythtv-users] Myth Setup - The channels setup

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 12:53:43 UTC 2004

Hey phil,

Yeah, I just found this out.  I ran mythfilldatabase in manual mode
and now I have two sets of the same channels.  One has the icons and
TV guide data setup, the other has the tuning setup but no TV guide.

Is there an easy way to remove channels and all of the data, or should
I just run the setup again and clear the data by selecting yes?

Cheers,
Dave

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 23:41:04 +1100, Phill Edwards
<phill_edwards at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think you can ignore this. mythfilldatabase needs to find a match
> between what you've put in here in the setup screens and what it finds in
> the program guide xml file which will have been brought down by tv_grab_au
> if you're in Australia. There are number of versions of this floating around
> at the moment so this can be a bit confusing. Depending on which tv_grab_au
> you're using your channels will probably need to be called something like
> free.Sydney.2, free.Sydney.7 etc or free.Sydney.2.d1.com.au,
> free.Sydney.7.d1.com.au etc (substitute Brisbane values here of course).
>
> The best way to be sure is to run whatever version of tv_grab_au you've got
> and then go into the xml file it produces and look at what the channel names
> are in the 1st 20 lines or so. You should see lines like <channel
> id="free.Sydney.7.d1.com.au">.
>
> > > XMLTV ID - Where do I find this?
> >
> > you can ignore this as well.

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH