[mythtv-users] New Australian XMLTV grabber

Phill Edwards phill_edwards at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 7 12:14:26 UTC 2004

I took the 9msn version of tv_grab_au that was posted for ACT & Queensland
and set the variables up for Sydney and I too am getting this infinite loop
problem - again it's looking for a file called 0.html which doesn't exist.

Does anyone have a grabber that currently works for them for Sydney? I was
using the d1 grabber until a few days ago when it stopped working with the
following error:
        "Can't call method "valueof" on an undefined value at
/usr/bin/tv_grab_au_d1 line 682."

I have no idea why that's suddenly started failing and I don't know perl
well enough to be able to debug it. However, I did notice that the
getChannelInfo routine looks at http://www.d1.com.au/D1xmltv/ which gives
you a "page not found" error when you try to go to it in a browser. I
presume that's the cause of the problem here but don't know how to resolve
it. Is anyone else having a similar problem and knows what to do to get it
fixed?

I'm now grabberless as the old d1 grabber no longer works and the new one
seems to get into an infinite loop. If anyone has something that's working
for them in Sydney at the moment could you please post it?

Thanks,
Phill