[mythtv-users] Highly confused - tuner type=39 ??

Don Brett dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Sat Nov 6 23:53:56 UTC 2004

MythTv has been a long strange trip!  I've been working on this for at
least two months.  I almost have it working, but all I get is snow when
I play live tv.  I followed the guide at:

http://home.comcast.net/~homebrewracing/Mythtv.txt

, which is pretty good.  After long searches, I've found a suggestion to
try (in /etc/modules.conf)

options tuner type=39
(instead of - options tuner type=2)

This is the only setting that actually gives me video when I play live
tv (which still has other problems, but it's better than snow).  Anyone
know what this is about?  Should I try one of the Chris Kennedy ivtv
drivers?  Thanks,
Don

Hauppauge - Win-Pvr 350 (purchased 2 months ago)
Kernel - V - 2.4.26
Alsa - 0.9.8
ivtv - ivtv-0.1.9.tar.gz
ivtv firmware from - pvr_1.18.21.22168_inf.zip