[mythtv-users] Problem watching tv

Nezar Nielsen nezar.nielsen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 21:14:42 UTC 2004

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 20:08:47 +0000, The Cyberwizzard
<a_wizzard at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got my tuner to work without problems in xawtv (bit of jerky display but
> thats because I don't have overlay for some reason) but I can't get it to
> work in MythTV. I tried setting the resolution for watching tv to the
> standard PAL format but it doesn't work. In fact - should it matter at all?
> I mean the backend does the capturing so who cares what the frontend is
> doing, right?
>
> Anyhow I get these messages:
> VIDIOCMCAPTURE0: Invalid argument
> VIDIOCMCAPTURE1: Invalid argument

I just built myself a new system, and i'm getting the exact same
thing... but ONLY if I modify the default resolutions/encoding
options... If I don't, I just get a weird image  which seems to
..uhm... save the previous channel on every other line of output, so
each time I change the channels, I get this half overlayed version of
the last image of the previous channel.
I should say however, that I have used my tv tuner without a problem
in my other computer, so my guess is, it isn't the card.

If you figure it out, please tell me what it was though, won't have
time to fiddle until tuesday..
--
Mvh. Nezar Nielsen
http://fez.dk