[mythtv-users] IR Blasters

John P. Mitchell john at cepros.com
Sat Nov 6 18:40:25 UTC 2004

All,

   It worked for me. I setup a dual digital cable box to dual pvr-250s
with dual home made IR emitters. The home made emitters where very easy
to build as well and only cost about $15.00. I also had to add a PCI
dual serial card to be able to control the two IR emitters, but the
below 'how to' made things pretty easy. Also, I have an idea to mod the
lirc build script so that you can pass in a substitute string for
building multiple instances of lirc. I had to copy and mod the script
by hand, but that was much easier than the alternative.