[mythtv-users] Best Settings For TV-Out?

TJ tj53 at cox.net
Sat Nov 6 17:26:08 UTC 2004

Hi, I'm new to MythTV and Linux as a whole and need some help
optimizing the settings for TV-Out. I'm using a Sis-315 Pro 64MB
graphics card with composite TV-Out as the only port connected. I have
a 42" Sony HDTV(naturally widescreen) that I'm trying to get this to
look good on.

My questions are:
What settings in Linux should I change in order to make everything less
blurry and more visible? Change resolution, font size, or what? If so
to what?

How to I get it to actually work in widescreen, obviously I can stretch
it on the TV, but it looks awful. Is this a limit of composite
connection? What remedies are there?

Should I just get a new video card? Any that would have better hook-ups
for a HDTV? What are the options?

Thanks in advance!

-TJ