[mythtv-users] How are channels determined?

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Sat Nov 6 16:34:04 UTC 2004

Does Zap2It send down the information about what frequency
the tuner card (a PVR-250 in my case) should tune a particular
channel to?  Specifically, I had things working great on stable
.16 for a few days, and now for some reason all channels are
fuzzy, and some are just wrong.

For example, I can tune to channel 2 (NBC in my case) and it
works, sound is ok, but picture is fuzzy.  When I tune to channel
3 (pbs) I still get channel 2, but a whole lot fuzzier.  I also get the
sound just as if I was on channel 2.  Just about
every channel is either a little fuzzy or totally unviewable.  I have
plenty of signal, as I connected the PVR-250 directly to the
incoming feed with the exact same results.  The picture on
every TV connected straight to cable works fine.

Do I need to edit my channels manually?  I looked through the
archives, but didn't see any subjects that fit what I'm seeing.

Thanks,
Paul