[mythtv-users] Automatically setting amixer volume

Andrew Cockburn andrew at cockburn.co.uk
Sat Nov 6 16:27:45 UTC 2004

I had the same problem and it drove me mad for a while. The trick is
this - in my case it was the logon to KDE that reset that slider to
zero, so although your rc.local trick might have been working, it may
have been set back to zero again. Although I never found the root cause,
I fixed it by creating a shell script with the amixer command, which I
called from a shortcut in KDE's startup folder.

Regards,

Andrew