[mythtv-users] New Australian XMLTV grabber

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Sat Nov 6 06:49:09 UTC 2004

On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 11:27:02AM +1100, David Collett wrote:
> While we're on the topic of threading and not abusing webservers...
>
> Whilst I havent really read the code, I would expect that this script
> could in fact be modified to used as many as 5 or so different web
> servers at the same time. This is because ninemsn, seven, yahoo, tvweek
> etc, etc all use the same region, channel and program id's because they
> are all syndicating hww 's data. Perhaps we could produce an uber-script
> which simultaneously grabs data from all of them, thus reducing the
> impact on any one server and making it more fault tollerant in the
> process.

Even better if we could have one person fetch (ie rip / steal) the data
and then share the XMLTV data with everyone else. Unfortunately it's a
single point of failure; the provider only has to block one IP address
to cut everyone off.

Ideally they'd just go ahead and provide it for a reasonable fee.

Hamish