[mythtv-users] Success! EPIA-M Fedora Core 2

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Fri Nov 5 07:47:35 UTC 2004

On Friday 05 Nov 2004 04:01, Travis Kelley wrote:
> At this point I can't personally recommend using a m10000/m6000 to
> anyone as a combined frontend/backend with disks internal.  However in
> my experience, and I have run mine both ways, it works great when you
> netboot it and don't have any hard drives internal.  I think this is how
> Ivor is running his and he says he has no problems.  I think that
> removing all the dma traffic from the hard disk from the system is
> enough to keep it from locking on you.  If you do get one I would
> definately look into netboot.

It boots off the hard drive actually, and plays DVD's from an internal
drive... and it used to run as a combined front/backend fine too.....

When I tried to reproduce the crashing others were getting by making large
drive and/or network transfers it still didn't crash.
I think this needs further investigation by those with hanging machines before
simply condemning the EPIA's dma.

Cheers,

--
Ivor Hewitt.