[mythtv-users] 7 instances of mythfrontend starting

Michelle Moss michelle.moss at iinet.net.au
Fri Nov 5 14:53:22 UTC 2004

dmartin-newsletters01 at mailblocks.com wrote:

> Now, when my system (FC2 via Jarod's Guide) boots, it opens mythfrontend
> 7 times (7 windows with 7 accompanying processes).
> I have no idea why, but I know that the other day it was just 3, and day
> before it was just 1 instance.
>
> Also, now when I try to watch TV the screen goes black and then takes me
> back to the menu.
>
> The mythbackend.log starts scrolling:
> 2004-11-04 21:18:21 waiting for a thread..
>
> And it just keeps scrolling and scrolling that until I reboot.
>
> If you need any info to help me diagnose this please give me the command
> to run, because I probably won't know.
> One thing I don't know about is if the hosts file could do this? I
> wasn't sure how to set that up.
>
> POTENTIALLY RELEVANT FILE INFO:
>
> FILE: /home/mythtv/.kde/Autostart/startmyth.sh
>   /usr/bin/mythfrontend

I haven't used Jarod's guide or FC2, but you should make sure that you
are not saving your previous session - I had this problem in the past.
In SuSE you need to go to Yast Control Centre -> KDE Components ->
Session Manager and select On Login - Start with an empty session
otherwise it will start up your previous mythfrontend sessions as well
as the one in the Autostart (quickly adding up to 7 :)

Cheers,
Michelle