[mythtv-users] dreaming hardware configuration

Christopher Flynn flynnguy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 13:09:54 UTC 2004

Well in my dream configuration I would have a frontend/backend setup.
Why you may ask? Well I would setup a nice rack in my basement and
have a few terabytes with hot-swappable drives. I would then run cat 5
to each room in my house so I could have a TV anywhere. For the
backend (assuming money is no option) I would have a nice
multi-processor of some sort along with 3-4 capture cards. (There's
never really more than 2 shows I want to watch on at a time...
occasionally 3)

Then for the frontends I'd look at SBC's (Single Board Computers) or
something like the shuttle. (Basically small) However in the end I
would probably end up building my own enclosure. Oh and all the
frontends would be diskless and fanless except for possibly a dvd
drive. Although with all that storage, I would probably just rip my
entire dvd collection and have real video on demand!
-Chris

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 09:39:17 +0100, Juan C. Gallardo <jgamo at cantv.net> wrote:
> Hello people
> It might be a little OT, but, if you have the chance of getting all the
> hardware that you could choose, what will you guys buy?, not caring even
> about money.
> What its a dreaming configuration to set mythtv in a dedicated machine
> close to your TV?
>
> Juan

You must be the change you wish to see in the world. - Gandhi