[mythtv-users] Playing DVD's

Lund Family lundsspw at bigpond.net.au
Fri Nov 5 10:15:46 UTC 2004

Hi all ... this is my first post to anything .....      Ultra newbie to linux    ...
I have installed ver 016 to an athlon with pinnacle tv card and geforce 2mx.
After much agro I have TV working on the VGA monitor, setup is a bit difficult as mouse dissappears and setup fields behave strangely.
Record and playback works OK also. Now for problems ... I expect an avalanche of RTFM !!!!!  all I can say is that after 2 weeks of "Reading TFM"   I have gotten no further towards getting usable PAL (Australia) TV output from the Geforce2MX . ( wife is looking to install myth-husband)  I have tried various changes to the xorg.conf. I get very messy TV out if i boot without monitor but it loses the plot completely when X tries to start. Does someone out there have an xorg.conf for Australia/geforce2mx   ?
Also does MYTHTV have a DVD player as part of the install or do I have to install another one??
Wazza    :)