[mythtv-users] PVR-350 and tv out simply questions

Asciimonster asciimonster at myrealbox.com
Fri Nov 5 07:54:48 UTC 2004

Juan C. Gallardo wrote:

>I was doing the question more thinking about a dedicated machine
>connected to the tv. So is not good to have the pvr-350 JUST to display
>tv, I want everything going out through that card.
>Is that case recommended?

That case IS what I have running. It works perfectly. But remember, you
have to install it in two phases: First get the PVR 350 to display the
recordings (using the decoder); Next, set X to use the PVR 350's
frambuffer, i.e. have the menus of mythtv displayed on the TV.

So you may need a monitor next to your TV when install, repair and
upgrade the machine. All the other time, you really don't need a monitor.

I hope that's clear enough.