[mythtv-users] Stuttering video on playback

Matthew Gleed mgleed at gleed.us
Fri Nov 5 05:35:11 UTC 2004

Hello, all.  Hopefully somebody can help me with the problem I'm having.

For some reason, after my MythBox has been up for a couple of days, my
playback video is jerky.  The audio is fine.  This doesn't happen
immediately after I reboot, but I have been up for about two-and-a-half days
now, and it's jerky once again.

I'm running 0.16 (non-CVS), with a PVR-250 and a M179.  I have a GF4MX
running VGA out to a 27" monitor.  I am using FC1; only Myth runs on this
machine (though I do share drives via Samba).  I have tried fiddling around
with the delinterlace options, but that doesn't help.

After rebooting, playback of all of my files works fine, so I don't think
it's a recording issue.

In addition, when I do reboot using either "reboot" or "shutdown -r now",
the system hangs at "sending all processes the term signal", and I have to
use the rest button on the computer.

Any suggestions as to how to track down what is causing my problem?

Hey Phil, how about some diagnostic info we can use to see what issues
you may be running in to.  Maybe some info such as:

cat /proc/meminfo
cat /etc/fstab
df
Any ivtv messages being logged to syslog?
What ivtv version are you using?  Various versions of ivtv have had
known problems with hanging at shutdown.  You should try the latest CK
0.2.0-rc2l which is suppose to address this.
Anything being logged by mythfrontend?
What nvidia driver are you using?

Thanks.

-mgleed