[mythtv-users] Success! EPIA-M Fedora Core 2

Travis Kelley rhatguy at comcast.net
Thu Nov 4 16:43:49 UTC 2004

Not to dampen your spirits any but I had a m10000 working great to.  But
the dma issues do begin to become a problem if you are planning on
leaving it on all the time.  One suggestion...I know it makes the system
slow but turning off DMA on the hard drive does help.  Actually if you
network boot the eden without a hard drive people have reported great
success.  I've been pretty happy with mine since I started network
booting it (its almost silent also).  I have been using mine in that
role here lately and it works pretty well, but I'm planning on moving
back to a combined backend/frontend on a new P4 2.8 here in the next day
or so.  Anybody want a used via:)