[mythtv-users] New Australian XMLTV grabber

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Thu Nov 4 16:33:05 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 20:59, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
> Looking at this part:
>
> >>	open(GUIDE, $guide_file) or print "\nCan't open $guide_file\n";
> >>	my @guide_lines = <GUIDE>;
> >>	close(GUIDE);
> >>	return @guide_lines;
> >>}
>
> I would suggest that
> 	- we print the file name in quotes, something like
> 		print "\nCan't open '$guide_file'\n";
> 	  to see what really failed
> 	- we should not proceed to read/close the file if the
> 	  open failed - right?

Hi again,

Here is another version which performs must better with the use of a
queue.  Ten threads make it much faster.

I left the 'print' in too see if it actually occurs and it doesn't.  The
problem was the 'getstore' on the line above would return without a
file.  I simple retry until a file is downloaded and not more problems
opening the file.

Paul