[mythtv-users] Success! EPIA-M Fedora Core 2

Kenneth Wong kenwong at oddpost.com
Thu Nov 4 15:51:06 UTC 2004

Just wanted to share my good fortune with everyone here. :)  I've
successfully put together a Myth-TV box on an EPIA M10000 board using
Fedora Core 2.

The sound is a little iffy because I think I didn't setup ALSA properly,
but I was able to:
 - record a one hour show last night
 - playback the same show while it was recording
 - surf through the channels

I don't know how stable it is at this point because I've heard that
there are DMA issues that may come into play.  But this is the furthest
I've ever gotten and I'm damn excited. :)

As a quick summary, I followed the instructions provided at:

http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php

I skipped the video driver installation portion of the doc.

I then followed the instructions at:

http://www.kingcot.eclipse.co.uk/unichrome/

to get the unichrome drivers up and running.

Everything worked beautifully!

I'm now in the process of re-building my box without any of the extra
overhead of KDE/GNOME (also to try and see if I can document everything
cleanly for others).

A BIG thanks to everyone in the MythTV community.  I couldn't have
pulled this off without all the help here.

Ken.