[mythtv-users] Re: .16 to current CVS causes Complete machine lock

Mike Wohlgemuth mjw at woogie.net
Thu Nov 4 14:48:58 UTC 2004

Kieron Wilkinson wrote:

>Suse 9.1 (tested official 2.6.4, 2.6.5 and KOTD 2.6.8 kernels)
>MythTV CVS
>Pinnacle PCTV Rave
>Athlon XP 2800+
>Epox 8RDA3+ Motherboard
>2 x 120Gb Segate Barracuda Serial ATA drives
>2x256Mb Crucial Value RAM

Here's mine:

Gentoo (updated to current as of last Saturday) 2.4.27
MythTV CVS
Leadtek WinFast 2000 XP
Athlon XP 2000+
Nforce2 based Mobo (don't recall the exact model, and I'm at work)
120 GB EIDE drive
512 Mb RAM (don't know the brand)

I'm going to try kernel 2.6.9 this weekend, but I hold out less hope for
that since you are running 2.6 (everyone else that I know with this
problem is running 2.4).

I suspected BTTV for a while, but I also can see hangs just watching a
recording, when BTTV isn't involved at all.  Everyone that I know with
this problem has a bttv based card, though, so maybe it is related.
I've been jonesing for a PVR based card for a while, so maybe it's time
I plunked down for one to see what happens.

Mike