[mythtv-users] Re: .16 to current CVS causes Complete machine lock.

Ben Brown mythtv at idiotsabound.com
Thu Nov 4 03:14:36 UTC 2004

Believe me I understand trying to troubleshoot a problem you can't
reproduce, and I'm not ruling out a driver problem.  But the setup has been
working for several years, through sever iterations of Mythtv.  It also
seems to work fine with CVS just before the flurry of Commits we know as .16
I'm just trying to track down where it that flurry the code that is causing
the problem was introduced.  Maybe there is something in there that will
help fix things up.  This bug is driving me crazy.  I've even considered
BUYING a TIVO.  If I could get one that had 3 tuners, MP3, Weather, DVD, and
the networking capabilities of mythtv I might actually do it ;)

Ben

 On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 18:29:19 -0500, Ben Brown <ben at idiotsabound.com> wrote:
>Maybe if we can get enough Me Too's
> one of the developers will take pity on us and try to find the problem.

It's hard for us to find a problem we can't reproduce. If you machine
is locking so hard you can't do anythign with it at all it's likely a
driver problem that's being exposed by Myth.