[mythtv-users] AGP cards that have TV tuners supported by MythTV?

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 00:48:39 UTC 2004

My Shuttle XPC only has one PCI slot and one AGP slot. The system has
an onboard GeForce 4MX that I'm perfectly satisfied with for my TV out
and graphics needs. My PCI slot has a PVR-250 in it. My AGP slot is
empty. I can't hold my breath until the PVR-500 is supported in linux,
and my Myth Box V2.0 is in very early planning stages.

What AGP graphics cards with onboard TV tuners are available that work
well with linux and mythtv? What are the best/cheapest ones?

My main interest is finding the cheapest "all in one" AGP tv card
supported in Linux/MythTV to use as my second tuner. I really don't
want or need the graphics card part. For me, it would just be an AGP
tuner card.

I know that Nvidia made a 5200 with onboard mpeg2 encoder.
I know ATI makes a number of them...

Thanks!
-Ross