[mythtv-users] Re: .16 to current CVS causes Complete machine lock.

Ben Brown ben at idiotsabound.com
Wed Nov 3 23:29:19 UTC 2004

Glad to know I'm not alone.  I've been complaining about this for awhile now
but just haven't' gotten any worthwhile responses.  Most of the time people
just say send a backtrace without actually reading the rest of the email.  I
think I was off in my CVS version comment.  I had the machine lockup running
the a checkout from the date I previously mentioned.  Seems like Sept 4 back
is pretty sound and the problem only seems to come in after Sept 4. I've
spent the last 2 days trouble shooting, changing HD, running hardware test,
reformatting data partitions and can't seem to find anything wrong.  I tried
to get some backtraces today, but I never could get anything.  When the
machine goes down, it goes down hard.  Maybe if we can get enough Me Too's
one of the developers will take pity on us and try to find the problem.

Ben