[mythtv-users] ATI Remote Wonder - Cannot make it work

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 22:23:49 UTC 2004

On Fedora Core 2, 2.6.8-1.521, I still cannot get anything
out of the ATI Remote Wonder remote control.

I am completely lost now.  I tried the tutorial on FedoraNews.

  http://fedoranews.org/contributors/youssef_makki/remotewonder/

Got absolutely nothing.  The device "broadcasts" on one of
sixteen channels, I think, but I have not found how to change
from one channel to another.  Maybe it doesn't show anything
because it's set to the wrong channel.  How do you change
the broadcast channel?

I see several stories about how Fedora Core supports this
remote natively, with the ati_remote module.  If so, is there
a requirement that lirc must be REMOVED completely from
the system?  In the tutorial mentioned above, lirc is used with
the remote to control applications.

It has become very frustrating to have this really nice looking,
nice feeling remote just sitting there, pretty much useless, all
the while reading about the successes others are having both
with ati_remote module AND lirc.

Thanks for anything you might know, about either how to change
the broadcast channel, or getting the ati_remote module method
to work.

--
Mercury Morris