[mythtv-users] .16 to current CVS causes Complete machine lock.

Mike Wohlgemuth mjw at woogie.net
Wed Nov 3 14:51:02 UTC 2004

Ben Brown wrote:

>Hey Kevin,
>
>I agree that a backtrace would be best. And over the last 3 years, I've sent
>in many backtraces, the problem I'm having now is that I get total machine
>lockup.  So I can't really get a backtrace.  The only way to actually do
>anything with the machine is to hit the power button.  It's a complete
>lockup.

FWIW, I'm seeing these lockups, too, and I'm using a single bttv card.
I haven't mentioned anything until now, since I haven't had time to try
to figure out how to provide more information that could be used to
debug it.  When it locks, I can ping the box, but any other network
connection fails.  Mouse and keyboard input is ignored, and I also have
to power cycle the box.

I'd be glad to provide more information if anyone has any tips on how I
could do that.

Mike