[mythtv-users] Can't get my (new) PVR-250 working

Footer footer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 21:38:44 UTC 2004

Greetings all,

I'm fairly new to MythTV and brand new to installing drivers for TV
tuner capture cards in Linux.  I recently purchased a PVR-250 directly
from Hauppauge and am in the process of trying to load the drivers for
it on my RH9 box.  The exact description of the capture card is (from
the box it came in):  WinTV-PVR-250 model 980 and I've been able to
see it using lspci -v and know that it's a rev 01 card.

Backing up a bit, I built my MythTV box about a year ago (without TV
tuner card) and hooked it up to my HDTV and it works perfectly (for
displaying digital pictures, playing MP3s, Myth Weather, etc).  At the
time FC1 was just coming out but I went with RH9 anyway.  I'm
currently running the 2.4.20-35_39 kernel and I believe I've
successfully loaded the correct ivtv drivers but I'm continuing to get
"unresolved symbol" errors after running /sbin/depmod -a so obviously
I still don't have everything quite right.  I've been using Jarod's
Fedora Myth(TV)ology site and this mailing list to
install/troubleshoot.

At any rate, I guess my real question is should I continue to try to
get things working on RH9 (hopefully with help from the fine folks
here) or bite the bullet and go to FC2 (FC3?) and hope things go
smoother?  Has anyone been successful at running a newer PVR-250 on
RH9 with the appropriate ivtv drivers using apt-get?

Currently:  STUMPED but DETERMINED to make it work!

Thanks!
TLD
aka Footer