[mythtv-users] New to mythtv - ? about speed of channel changing

Uwe Schmidt uwe.uwe at gmx.de
Tue Nov 2 16:08:56 UTC 2004

So, is there any possibility to shorten the time needed for recording
and playback again, perhaps by reducing a buffer-size or something similar ?
And: for watching live-TV, why did the frontend not just get a "copy" of the
mpeg2 stream received by the DVB-S card (for the case of using dvb-s, e.g.)?

- Uwe

Yep, this is normal.

I think that the main thing is that when you are watching live tv you
are actually recording and then viewing the recording.

There is a small (couple of seconds) buffer on the feed so you see the
recording a few seconds after it happens.  This is why it takes a few
seconds for the new signal to show when you change channels.

Justin Malcolm

On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 18:29 -0400, Clay Archer wrote:
> New to MythTV have it installed on a AMD XP2600 and PVR350 512 megs of
> ram.  Still have a bunch of bugs to fix but my question is how fast
> should it change channels.  At this point (with no tweaking at all)
> takes about 2 seconds to change.  Is this normal?
>

> TIA
>
> Clay
>

> ---

Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail + 3 Top-Spielfilme auf DVD
++ Jetzt kostenlos testen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail ++