[mythtv-users] Two x-servers with ati 9200

Tomi Makinen makinen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 08:21:05 UTC 2004

Hi,

I am tuning my FC1 jarod's guide  installation with ati 9200 and pvr250.

I purchased a projector and now I ran into some problems. I got
projector working well (1280x720) but now I would like to change to
800x600 resolution for my tv and make it so easy that my girlfriend
could do it too 8).

I read the dualhead document from mythtv.info and tried that way, but
the problem is that I need 2 separate ati device settings for tvout.
If I use the same, the video is not shown in the tvout (videooverlay
is on). I am using littlebit older ati drivers, since new ones need
the kernel sources. I have managed to do this manually with 2 separate
configfiles with using "xinit -- :1 -xf86config ..." but I now the
problem is than when I change to projector terminal and back, then new
X is stuck. well atleast black and does not do anything. I have to
kill the X and restart it.

Another problem is that I cannot use chvt command when logged as
normal user, how can I change that ? Would like to add it to remote or
mythtv menu.

- McIne -