[mythtv-users] myth video settings

Greg Nicholson greg at d0gz.net
Mon Nov 1 22:48:01 UTC 2004

Another option (which is what I'm using) is to use the extension to denote
the type of content.

I have players setup in the myth configuration such that a .ac3 file calls
mplayer with the hwac3 flag, and a 16:9 aspect.  .ac4 files use a 4:3
aspect.

I've found it to be quite usable without hacking up the source.  I recently
went and converted my DVD changer (300 disks) to xvid, and using this
convention went very well.

Just another option.

GN