[mythtv-users] How slow of a computer for frontend with only vga

cythraul cythrault at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 20:54:45 UTC 2004

Hi,

Call me a freak but I just installed a frontend on a K6-2/500 with
256mb of RAM. I had to reduce the display to 640x480x16 but otherwise
it's quite functional. Note that mplayer actually uses half the CPU
compared to nuvplayer (watch recording.)The hardware acceleration of
the MX440 helps a lot.

So I guess a low level p2 would be enough for normal people/use just
make sure there's enough RAM and don't use a swap partition.

Good day,
cythraul