[mythtv-users] OT: Zap2it Labs Email

Bill Chmura Bill at Explosivo.com
Mon Nov 1 19:24:08 UTC 2004

My personal thoughts are that either:

#1) Zap2It really does not know who is doing it, or does know the company but
cannot track the individual users to enforce it.

#2) Is positioning themselves to start charging... citing this as why

#3) Microsoft  (I don't know why, but its always good to get them onto a blame
list).

#4) Zap2It knows,  but its not clear cut enough in the legal documents to have
a go at a lawsuit.  For example selling mythtv boxes (Just an example, I am
not saying that its the reason or it would be wrong - its just an example -
insert the product of your choice here).

And yes. I agree %100 that greed is a horrible thing.

--

Bill Chmura
Director of Internet Technology

p: 888.560.YWEB (9932)