[mythtv-users] can't record

Hendrik Wouters hwouters at pandora.be
Mon Nov 1 15:22:00 UTC 2004

Hi,

Mythtv was working perfect for me a couple of months ago, but for some reason
I had to reinstall and reconfigure mythtv. (It looked like the reinstalling
was unnecessary after all). For reinstalling, I used the same mythtv version
(0.15) as the one that worked before.

Anyway, after I reinstalled and reconfigured mythtv-0.15, it got strange
behaviour:

1. When I watch live tv, I see the name of the programm I currently watching
at, but I can't see programs in the 'schedule recordings' section. The only
thing I see is a list of the channels with 'unknown'.

2. However when I try to record manually (with the manual sheduler), mythtv
records (I see CPU-raise and a file in /var/cache/mythtv) but I can't watch
it from the 'watch recordings section'.

3. I was used to record programs using the 'R' key when watching live TV, but
that doesn't work anymore either.

Before I installed mythtv, I've read allmost the whole docs on mythtv.org

I'm using the packages from:
deb http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian unstable mythtv

I'm living in belgium (flandres) and I had to follow some mythtv instructions
on http://www.nerdhero.org/index.php/Howtos/MythTV

Probably, there is something wrong with my mysql-database? You can find a
backup of my mysql database (over 6MB) on:
http://woutcom.serveftp.com:5080/~hendrik/mythconverg.mysql

I'm still using mythtv-0.15, because mythtv-0.16 is even worse: It has the
same problems + when I try watching live tv on a non-master backend (with
also mythtv-0.16), the mythtv master-backend service (who has the only
TV-card in the network) crashes (I can't test the behaviour of the
mythtv-frontend on the master backend, because it's a computer without a
display). I was lucky that I still got the 0.15 packages of mythtv (I still
can watch live tv after all).

I was hoping someone could help me. I really would like to make mythtv full
functional again, because it's one of the best project I know.

Greetings Hendrik