[mythtv-users] PVR-250 + pcHDTV, myth 0.16, initial setup problem bttv called with NTSC videomode

Wendy Seltzer wendy at seltzer.com
Mon Nov 1 04:41:11 UTC 2004

At 02:19 PM 10/31/2004 -0800, glen martin wrote:
>Thanks for the help.  This does in fact get me farther,
>but I wouldn't say all is good at this stage.
>
>I use dtvsignal to set to a local HD station, then
>start mythbackend.  Mythfrontend now connects and
>displays a picture.
>
>however:
>1) attempting to change channel to a NTSC station
>   doesn't work.  The backend logs the following
>   and returns to the previous station.

I don't think anyone's gotten NTSC working off the pcHDTV card in
Myth.  Maybe with the HD-3000...

One work-around is to set up two channel lineups, one with only HD for that
card, another only SD for your other card.  Switch between the two with
"y". Further, on the HD channels, you need to set the frequency to the
channel the station is actually broadcasting on (get the pairings through
dtvscan or at antennaweb.org).   It's easiest to set the freqid through the
mythweb setup interface.

--Wendy

Wendy Seltzer -- wendy at seltzer.com
Staff Attorney, Electronic Frontier Foundation
Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard Law School
http://wendy.seltzer.org/mythtv/
Chilling Effects: http://www.chillingeffects.org/