[mythtv-users] question about ff/rew

Craig Tinson craig at 8010.co.uk
Mon Nov 1 01:02:55 UTC 2004

Andrew Plumb wrote:

>There's a "Sticky Keys" option in one of the setup screens...
>
>Utilities/Setup->Setup->TV Settings->Playback on a screen called
>"Seeking", turn on "Sticky Keys"
>
>That should do the trick.  Play around with the other options to your
>liking too; I turned off "Reposition after fast forward/rewind".
>
>Also, if you have commercial marking enabled, you can use the blue and
>yellow buttons to skip commercials forward and backward respectively
>(in case it didn't catch the end of the commercial break properly) .
>
>Enjoy!
>
>Andrew.

hey andrew..thanks for the reply..

thanks for pointing out the sticky keys option.. not seen that before.
.will look into it..

have never got the commercial detection working correctly.. I suspect
its a UK thing and how things work over here.. but thats not too
important..  there are *ducks* a *few* commercials I actually like
watching.. some make me chuckle..  would prefer just to use fast forward
and rewind etc..

was mainly wondering about the "live fast forward and rewind" thing..
like a frame-by-frame rew/ff .. just like rewinding a video or DVD at
2/4/8/16x etc...

thanks again..

Craig