[mythtv-users] Channel Info issue with .15 after upgrade

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Mon May 31 18:38:33 EDT 2004

--- Jason Martens <me at jasonmartens.com> wrote:
> I just upgraded to .15 from atrpms, and I'm having
> some issues with
> channel information and recording data.  I also
> changed over to the
> DataDirect channel listings simultaneously (out of
> necessity).  I am
> reasonably certain that the DataDirect is working,
> because I have
> channel listings in the program guide, and the
> program finder.  However,
> when I go into the "Fix Schedule" screen, it says
> that no programs are
> scheduled to be recorded.  So I went back in to the
> program finder
> thinking that all of my scheduled recordings had
> been reset or
> something, but when I try to select my programs
> again, they show up as
> already scheduled!  Also, if I try to watch live tv,
> I cannot change
> channels and no channel information shows up in the
> OSD.
>
> I am also getting the following error message in the
> mythbackend.log:
>
> Unknown video codec: 2004-05-31 16:10:02 Transcoding
> from

/data/recordings//1072_20040520202800_20040520210000.nuv

/data/recordings//1072_20040520202800_20040520210000.nuv.tmp

> I've tried some googling and checked the archives,
> so if someone can
> point me in the right direction I would much
> appreciate it!
>
> PS.  Running on an Athlon XP 2000, FC1 and using
> atrpms 2179 kernel.
>
> Thanks!

I ran into this as well.

You'll need to go into the frontend setup
(mythtvsetup) and reconfigure your channel listings to
your capture cards.

If that doesn't work, then clear out all of your
channel configuration data, all of your capture card
data (again, in the frontend setup), and re-create it.
 That's what worked for me.

-- Joe