[mythtv-users] Sound Blaster

Cyber Source peter at cybersource.us
Mon May 31 16:24:51 EDT 2004

I am not sure what I did but now I can't get any sound from live tv. I
have sound for everything else still, even the recordings. I have played
with gnome-alsamixer back and for and tried every conceivable option. I
have the audio cable as it was when I did have sound too. any ideas?

Bruce Markey wrote:

> Cyber Source wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>  I have a sound blaster Live card that I am having a very hard time
>> getting to work right in Mythtv. I am using Alsa and the sound is
>> fine for everything, recordings, other sound, etc. But for live tv,
>> it is doubling and all off. I don't have anything in my modules.conf
>> file except for the alsa stuff, and again, the sound is fine for
>> everything else except live tv. Is there a setting in Mythtv that I
>> might have wrong?
>

> Do you mean that when you watch live-TV you hear the audio
> twice but out of sync? If that is what you mean, press pause.
> If you then here the audio once but continuing, that would mean
> you are hearing the realtime passthru sound. You would need to
> mute Line (Aux, Mic, or whatever input you are using).
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-20.html#ss20.12
>
> --  bjm

                         115 Richfield Road
               Williamsville, New York 14221