[mythtv-users] MythTV and Mouse Cursor Troubles

aaron aaron at stasis.org
Mon May 31 12:56:33 EDT 2004

I've been using mythtv for a long time, and have always had mouse cursor
problems where, despite not having a mouse, a mouse cursor would appear
sometimes when exiting mame, or running certain external
applications/screensavers, etc, and then refuse to disappear from the
myth interface until I ran 'mplayer'.

I always just 'lived with it' before, having tried to find a solution
and failing.  Finally, with release 0.15, the mouse cursor started
appearing all the time, whenever watching live tv.

I finally figured out that it's actually a video card (or driver)
problem with my on-board 'savage' chipset.  It seems that when the card
changes resolutions, the 'hardware cursor' appears.

Simply putting 'Option "SWCursor"' (or 'Option "sw_cursor") in my
XF86Config in the "Device" section has fixed the problem.

I'm now using mythtv with blackbox quite happily, no mouse cursors
appearing at inopportune times, and no focus issues.

Anyways, just thought I'd fire this off to the list in case anybody else
with similar hardware has run into the same problems.  I know I searched
for ages,

--aaron